Improve Mental Health With YogaAugust 28, 2007 8:03 am Kundalini Yoga Kriyas, Spirits Awaken Class
Mental Health Balancing
Begins: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 at 11:30 AM
Ends: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 at 12:30 PM
2820 Walton Commons dr Madison, WI 53718 U.S.
2820 Walton Commons dr
Madison, WI 53718
In order to improve mental health, I believe that one can leverage the benefits of yoga.
This week’s Spirits Awaken yoga class will focus on Mental Health Balancing and take us through a series of poses/breathing exercises which will facilitate increased mental clarity and a improved mental health status.
Top 7 Reasons Why Yoga Improves Mental Health:
- Physical exercise, increases the heart rate
- Endocrine system stimulation, improves glad function and hormone balance
- Oxygenation of the blood stream
- Alignment of the bodies subtle energies
- Group activity/practice is good for the soul
- Provides a feeling of accomplishment
- Meditative state of mind reduces stress
I greatly look forward to the day when an individual approaches their doc and says, “I want to improve my mental health” and the doctor prescribes yoga practice as a part of the treatment and for ongoing preventative maintenance.
Might I suggest picking up a yoga practice today to start improving your mental health. (and attending the class)