Day 1: Teacher Training ClassOctober 14, 2007 5:41 pm Teacher Training
What an incredible journey I am in for. I just had my first Teacher Training class.Â It was more or less a get to know and understand the course day, but it was extremely educational.
Here are my esteemed Teacher Trainers, Shabad Kaur and Shiva Singh.
The wisdom from which these two speak from is extremely profound.Â Both individuals studied closely under Yogi Bhajan for years.
Shiva Singh speaks from decades of experience.Â Shabad Kaur teaches with authority yet subtle nature.Â I am truly blessed to be training under these individuals.Â The space which they hold at Spirit Rising has a vibration all it’s own.Â (Thanks for the teaching!)
Here’s a pic of me after my first day of class, if you zoom in be sure to check the light in the eyes, for that’s what Kundalini Yoga can do for an individual.
I hope to get a group shoot of my training class in the future which I will be sure to share.
A few take aways, I’ll note to help commit to memory:
- Alternate nostril breathing coordinates activity on the opposite brain hemisphere
- Keep the palms together while performing Sat Kriya to properly circulate energy, a trick is to roll your elbows towards each other
- We are in a transition stage out of the age of Pisces and into the Age of Aquarius, it is a difficult time as noted by the media in society
- I noted the concept of “Atomic Light Bulbs” for that what we can become from a certain point of view
- All humans are equal in Nobility, and from this an appropriate means of relations develop
- The Teacher Trainers work to bring the Ancient Teachings alive again (what an honor)
- We must learn to work from the meditative mind and assess our actions before we take them
There is a profound sense of respect for the teachings and the body of knowledge that is to be communicated to and through the students.
I must admit, the subtle teachings available in the room are very profound.Â At times during the practice I heard with my inner ear, “straighten your neck”, a presence guiding me through my soul.Â It was quite the experience.
I have started into the text book, and in the first two chapters alone the depth of information has been spectacular.Â Simple reading the words on the page and reflecting upon them is a Spiritual act of yoga.